Monday, April 10, 2006

Update: Fat Chick is still alive!

I started back on my quest for healthiness last Monday. I weighed myself today and shed 2.5 pounds. I managed only three miles on the bike the entire week. So my goal this week is exercise related. MORE.

Through the entire week, I ate great...minus the jelly beans, peanut butter cup and ice cream. Oh and M&M's. But it's a good start. I refuse to cut out all goodies. I think that would make me resent my decision to eat healthy and set me up for failure. So every once in awhile, a small portion of sweet goodness is not the end of the world. I am still doing well. My "diet" is not shot. I am not a bad person. I am ok, you are ok. Right? :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Hexter said...

The best way to lose weight is to do more exercise :)

April 10, 2006 2:25 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

Good job Sis! Wish I could lose and still have a few goodies...my body is too sensitive for that! I may not gain right away but I sure won't lose! Glad you are back. Stay awhile this time. I been missin' you. love mom

April 10, 2006 10:38 PM  
Blogger animalfamily said...

nothing wrong with a couple of M&M's to get you through the day!

April 11, 2006 12:41 AM  
Blogger Krista said...

I'm with you. If I eliminate the little treats, I start to sneak food. Good luck!

April 11, 2006 9:48 AM  
Blogger Omni said...

As long as your total caloric intake is reasonable, it's perfectly fine to have some food that actually tastes good; it's hard enough to eat less and be hungry all the time without not having any good food on top of that.

April 11, 2006 6:48 PM  
Blogger The Radical Notion said...

That's a good rule of thumb. I haven't had a weight problem but when I'm asked how I stay fit, I always say that I don't deny myself. I try to eat well most of time but if I want something, I'm not going to deny myself because I will become resentful and go eat a cheesecake.

April 12, 2006 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home