Monday, April 03, 2006

BUT...

We had a growth group leadership meeting last night at church. In and of itself that is no problem. BUT, it is a dinner and meeting...still no problem (we usually have healthy homemade soup and salad or something similiar because we all take turns providing the food) BUT, last night the group who was supposed to provide dinner, forgot about it, so at the last minute, they ordered Pizza! Fresh hot pizza, and nothing else to eat, except dessert! Well, so much for Prism! I had pizza! I did abstain from dessert BUT, I had pizza...and it didn't even taste that good! Arghhhh!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim Big Toe said...

I’m not exactly sure of your circumstances but I have one word of advice. Always bring your own food. Every other Friday my work has a catered lunch. Something they have been doing for years. If I’m watching my weight I always bring food. I’ve found that it is almost impossible to rely on others to make wise dietary decisions when a group dynamic is involved. Don’t know why but historically this never worksout for me.

April 04, 2006 10:20 AM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

Jimbo...I think you are right 100%! Normally this scenario is ok, but, not this time! lol! I am right back on tho so I am sure it did not do any harm! I refuse to feel deprived! That's one of the quickest ways I know to give up! Just need to plan better as you said! Thanks for the support! It has been nice to hear what you have to say! Thanks! Tari

April 04, 2006 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home