Monday, July 10, 2006

Awareness...week two!

This is the beginning of week two of my healthy weightloss/fitness challenge. I did not lose anything this week and was not really expecting to. I have not really started to eat on program yet and I probably won't until next week. This first week was to really see how much unconsious eating that I really do (no, not when I am asleep) but rather how I eat without even paying attention to the taste or even to the size of the bites I am taking. If we were all being honest, we would realize that most of the food we eat, is eaten so fast and with such big bites that are hardly chewed, that we may not even have realized that we just ate until we are stuffed and miserable and just ate more food than one person should consume at one sitting. My goal is to change this to eating slower, take smaller bites, chew my food better and know every bite that goes into my body. Once I become aware of all this then I can begin to change what I put into my body for fuel. It's all about awareness!

The second phase was to get 100 minutes of exercise which, I didn't get. I did, however, go swimming at the lake yesterday and got about an hour of water aroebics in shoulder deep water, with my daughter and grandson. He was wanting to know all the different exercises, so we had fun doing that. Boy am I sore this morning!

So that was last week...I want to do the same this week, as well as adding atleast 60 oz. of water each day. I am challenging myself to not eat in front of the computer, (Bigee, for me!) like I am right now! And on the exercise, I actually want to try out my exercise bike 3 times this week. I know I will get alot of extra walking in this week as it is Vacation Bible School week at our church and I am in charge of registration and knowing where each child is at all times. So there you are! That's the plan! See ya as soon as I can get away from all the little sticky midgets this week!

3 Comments:

Blogger Karmyn R said...

Just remember - its all about the baby steps!!! Good job and keep it going!

July 10, 2006 12:41 PM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Good advice from karmyn....Live in the momment and be aware of what you are putting in your mouth.

I have been cooking on the weekends to have food that I can eat available.

It helps to be able to grab something and keeps me out of trouble.

Hope Bible School is going well.

Love and prayers.

July 11, 2006 8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your challenge :) My little sister recently did something similar and lost 12kg and is finding it much easier to take care of her 2 babies now. I hope you enjoy your new lifestyle.

July 15, 2006 11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home