Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Easy? Did I say easy?

Ok, not everything is easy...Yesterday, I commented back to Lazy Daisy and Sweet Cherry about being OP was pretty easy so far! Well, that ended today! It was not easy!

I got to go to my twin grandaughters kindergarten program, which I didn't think I would be able to attend. I had 45 minutes to shower, dress, do my hair, make up, and fly out the door and go to the next town for the program. And of course I had to find the school. I have never driven there myself, always rode with my daughter, and came in a different way! Yikes! Well, I pulled off the freeway right behind an unmarked police car...oh joy, no more speeding for me. Of course my mind is racing and I just know I am gonna miss them singing.

Phew! I walked in just seconds before they started. It was so worth it! Both of them got big ole smiles when they saw me. It was a really cute program. It was kinda funny watching my littlest trying to sit crosslegged in a skirt and still sit like a lady! lol!

Oh, now where it got hard...after the program there is a reception in their classroom. Home made chocolate chip cookies (my favorite) and juice. Well, I was trying to be strong! So what does our very own "Fat Chick" do? She goes and gets 3 cookies and tries to force me to eat one. It was so hard. It was about 11:30 by then and I had not eaten anything. Chocolate Chip Cookies guys! But after my post yesterday...about snacks vs. treats, I decided I really better put it to the test. I made it out of there without a cookie, but it was NOT easy!

Didn't hurt that I was wearing an outfit that I couldn't even button a couple months ago, had to wear the top open. Today it was buttoned all the way and still loose. And the pants' pockets didn't bulge anymore, but fit loose. Very cool! That was a good feeling!

This is a day by day thing, and sometimes hour to hour and even minute to minute! My salad with tuna, tomatoes and green onions, and a hard boiled egg, tasted pretty good! Not quite like a chocolate chip cookie, but sweet none the less!

5 Comments:

Blogger ...jus me said...

Hi Eagle Lover...nice to meet you too! Isn't Wendy's Casting call fun?

May 31, 2006 10:59 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Hi! Congrats on not having a cookie - that is fabulous! Every little bite - or not - counts. Good for you. Wendy directed me here.

May 31, 2006 1:07 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! I recently lost 35 lbs and it is NOT easy (I still have a good 30 to go). Every day is a battle - especially for a chocoloholic!!! Congratulations on your successes!!!

Oh - Wendy Directed me here today!

May 31, 2006 1:17 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

That, my friend is what we call a "non-scale victory"! Congratulations!!!!

June 01, 2006 7:06 AM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Ah...sweet indeed! Chalk one down in the victory column. Woo Hoo! Great job. That's the hard part of life....it's so daily!

June 02, 2006 4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home