Sunday, May 21, 2006

Weigh-in and Kitty Day!


Yesterday was weigh-in! (And no...that is not me on the scale! If my calves were that small I wouldn't be so worried about what the scale is saying!) I didn't get a chance to post yesterday as my daughter told me that her kitty was about to have her kitten cats. We, being mom's, were very worried about this little mamma cat. She is one of the very small (kinda scrawney) cats, really long and lanky. We had serious doubts about her ability to deliver. And she is only eight months old! So being a good Gramma and Mamma, I went over to support my daughter as she stood by in case she was needed. I have had to help deliver kitties before so I was on standby. This poor kitty woke my daughter up at 6:30 and didn't have her first kitty until 10:15. That one took quite awhile after it had started. Between that time and 2:45, she delivered 6 little babies. All healthy and clean and chowing down when I left. Gracie was very tired but she did great! I am sure there will be pictures over at Plaid Toaster soon!

Now getting back to the weigh-in! I lost 5 pounds! Still not back to where I was, when I got lazy about being healthy, but only 4 more pounds to go. Why do we gain so much faster than we can lose. I can gain it in the blink of an eye and it takes weeks and weeks to take it off again. Oh well, it is going in the right direction! And I will feel better in the process! I do need to concentrate on exercise though. I am afraid I didn't do too well on this this week. It has been sooooo hot! We had a couple days at about 100 and the rest in the 90's. I am not inclined to do too much at those temps. I will work on it this week.

Have a great Sunday!

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Jennifer said...

Way to go on the 5 pounds!

May 21, 2006 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home