Thursday, May 11, 2006

May 13th is "The Day"

Yep...you got it! I know it sounds weird...but this Saturday will be my "Monday"! You know we all start our diets on Monday, and secretly we pray Monday never comes! Nobody truly likes to DIET! I am no exception to this. But I have told you all that I am going to try weight watchers. So Saturday/Monday is the day!

I don't really look at this as a DIET. I hate that word anyway! I know what I need to eatto keep my body healthy. The Prism program taught me that. I do believe in that program, but I can not live with it forever. It makes no allowances for any empty calories. Occaisionally you do have to have some chocolate, we are women, afterall! As long as it is not an all-the-time-thing. I am the kind of person that has a very hard time staying motivated if I feel like I have blown it! I do need the structure of a program sometimesm but I need to be ok with having some chocolate or ice cream or something sweet besides fruit once in awhile, without feeling like I have blown my DIET.

I have the program so I will not be going to meetings. You guys are my support group. I know you didn't sign up for this, but I am gonna need all the help I can get. I also have a friend that has been on weight watchers before and is diabetic like me, who wants to go back on it. So here we go! I also work at the church with a lady who has made it to goal and has been there for about a year now. She did not have nearly the weight to lose that I do, but she is a real inspiration and I am sure she has lots of great recipes.

It's kinda funny how God puts people in your path to help you when you need it. I have been volunteering at my church for around three years now and work very closely with someone I have come to know as a close friend, and never did I know she had gone to weight watchers. I said something to her about starting weight watchers the other day and she gives me the Big High Five. She was in Prism with me, and we both did well then, but feel the same way about the lack of flexability. She is one of the biggest pains in my butt about drinking pop or not watching my blood sugars. But ya gotta love her.

So you all have to drop in and give me some hugs and check to see if I am drinking all my water and getting enough exercise, and consuming all my fruits and veggies, in other words...you need to keep me honest! Love you guys!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weight Watcher's is ok. But Herbalife offer's a lot more. I've lost 10lbs. and feel great. Their diet plan focuses on more than losing weight, they focus on getting your whole body healthy. If your interested, go to HealthyLife4Me.net and see what they have to offer.

May 12, 2006 4:23 AM  
Blogger Ms.Behavin said...

GOOD LUCK!!

May 12, 2006 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home