Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Carrying On!

Just a little update here! I have not decided to give up. I know that I need to continue trying whatever it takes, no matter how many failures I have, until I can get to and stay at a healthy weight for my body. Am I motivated to do this? NO! Do I need help and support from all of you? YES!
The last day of last weeks challenge (Sunday) I went to the lake with my daughter and son in law and my grandkids. It was the day before my son in law's birthday and my daughter and the kids had got him a gift certificate to go parasailing. We went swimming before he was scheduled to go up. I had about 2 hours of aroebic exercise as my grandson always wants to do exercises in the water with me, and the twins want me to bounce them in the "deep" water. So I guess I can say, I got my exercise in for the week, and a sunburn to go with it. My son in law, Mark, had a great time parasailing. I would like to do it someday! i am not into a boat load of people looking up at my fat right now tho. One of those goals for later!
Now the bad thing, I have been sick ever since Sunday so I have not started eating healthy again. I need to go shopping today and I think i will start today. My goals for the week will have to start today also.

Here they are:

drink atleast 60 oz. of water daily...I have not been doing this consistantly
watch my portion size
eat slowly
100 minutes of deliberate exercise. (I was gonna cut this down to 60 minutes, but then realized that if I do go swimming once a week and exercise in the water, that I will get my time in and I need to do this, so it remains.)
no scale this week...we are disfunctional, at best!
no eating out, if I get stuck, cuz of Mom or something, then I will have a salad!

Well, that's it, I need my weight watching sisters this week! I am hoping this will be a new beginning for me. If I can do this, then I will get stronger and have stronger goals each week until I am doing what I need to be! I have tried doing everything on a "restart" and I do fine for about 3 days, and then I suck again. so I am gonna work into it, one goal at a time. I have found, that if I am going through the effort to get my exercise in, then I don't want to blow it with eating too crappy! Anybody else "starting over" this week?
I was doing this challenge with Marci, but I think I have let her down. I can't seem to get serious. I haven't heard from her, but she has a lot on her plate right now. Hope you are doing ok Marci!
See ya all later in the week...if ya drop in, leave me a comment! I need to know someone is watching what I am doing or not doing! Hope you have a good week!

9 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

I'm right there with you. Starting over today as a matter of fact. (I just updated my blog....there's more info there)

Chin up, it'll be tough for sure but it's gotta be done!! I'm in the same boat and I'm positive I'm not the only one!

July 25, 2006 1:14 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

Thank you Dee, I was beginning to think there was no one out there anymore. Part of that was my fault. The more unhappy I am with myself, the less I post, the less I post, the less people have to read, and the less comments I get. I need to get myself motivated in a big way. I am not ready to be on program yet as i am still feeling crappy! But probably will do that next week, or the week after. Good luck to you. I will keep checking in on you. Glad you had a great vacation and did not feel guilty. Guilt and vacation do not mix!

July 25, 2006 2:29 PM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Hey girlfriend...I'm still here too. Every day is a struggle. I'm still waiting for the endorphins to kick in! Seems like this weight roller coaster is really no fun. It is doable....start with baby steps. If you can't do all the things you mentioned start with one and build up.

Misery loves company. I post daily cause I need somewhere to complain and whine. Blogging gives me a voice and an outlet.

My big thing was discovering that food does not equal love.

We can do this. Keep on keeping on.

July 25, 2006 3:42 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

Lazy...wish I could be back on program completely but thanks to doctor bills, the budget is kinda tight right now, so it is economical vs program for right now. I will watch the portions tho and try not to have any real junk.

July 25, 2006 3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you. Keep in touch.

July 25, 2006 6:35 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

Thanks Cheryl! I need it! Still something going on with my stomach too...only relief is when I have just eaten! Weird, i know! I will keep in touch

July 25, 2006 9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just popping through. Your blog is just the support I need for my own weight loss struggle.

Starting weight: 233
minus 35, plus 23 (pregnancy), minus 15.

And counting.

Women everywhere gotta stick together if we are gonna beat this calorie-filled world.

July 29, 2006 9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We really miss you on the low carb list! I love your blog though. I read it when I can, but rarely comment. I feel so stupid on these things. lol.
I'm forever battling the bulge too. It seems I can't get rid of this weight no matter how strict I am or how much I exercise.
I've resorted to trying natural hormone therapy to see if that is the problem.....I'm 40,so am in perimenopause.
I refuse to give up! Even if I don't/can't lose the weight, I will strive for healthy living at least.
In the battle with you,
Karen

August 02, 2006 7:47 AM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

Karen, thanks for the words of encouragement. It gets so disheartening. Seems like I will always be this way. I used to be pretty good at losing when I set my mind to it. I never have lost it all though. But now it seems like I can't even lose more than a couple pounds. Then I get discouraged and gain that back! It was good to hear from you. Just say hi when you stop in so I know you are here. Good luck with the hormone therapy. Hopefully that will help.

August 04, 2006 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home