Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labor (No Labor) Day!

We had a very enjoyable day! Very relaxing! We had my daughter and son (in law) and 3 of the grandkids over for a bar b que. It was just a warm lazy day.

That was a good thing too as my daughter had fallen in the shower before coming over and hit hard enough to knock herself out briefly. She is going to be pretty sore tomorrow! I am glad she did go ahead and come over as if she was home she probably would have stayed in bed and really been even more sore from not moving around. I don't care how old they are, they are still your babies!

I didn't get any exercise to speak of today (yesterday) but I probably couldn't have stood it anyway. Ended up taking two pain pills over the afternoon for my killer headache. I think I was just having sympathy pains for my daughter. Don't think it started until she told me she fell!

I did good food wise. I had turkey burger, no bun, a little salad and some broccoli salad that I made. Oh, and a little bit of fruit. I did have cheese (regular cheese) on my burger, and it tasted soooo good! It sure cost me in points but I was ok as it was lunch and dinner. I had a snack of some more fruit and a sugar free pudding, for an evening snack.

I tell you I passed up some goodies though! We had cheese dip and ruffles, oh how I love those, tortilla chips, sun chips....yum! And everybody else ate sirloin burgers and hot dogs, in the buns. They were so big even the guys only had one. My daughter brought a cheesecake that was made up of several different kinds of chocolate cheesecake. And my little girls sat on each side of me and ate them. Little twirps! But in all honesty, my body must be getting what it needs as I didn't really have a problem with it. And I bought pepsi for the gang too! All in all, I was pretty happy eating good stuff, and drinking my water!

Hope you all had a nice weekend! My hubby really needed this time away. He had four days off and is not looking forward to going back this morning!

I better go make his lunch and go to bed...it is almost 1:00am. Where does the time go?

4 Comments:

Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

You did better than I did! My best friend was here and she went out and bought a bunch of goodies for her last day and I didn't resist any of them!

September 05, 2006 7:00 AM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Hope both you and your daughter are feeling better. Good for you. You showed amazing restraint for a holiday. Hope you are rewarded by the scale fairy!

September 06, 2006 6:01 AM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

The scale fairy is being very gracious so far!

September 06, 2006 10:30 AM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

I listed my goal for the next 12 weeks and how I plan to accomplish it....I'm game if you are. You drag me and I'll drag you kicking and screaming (just as long as we can get rid of this extra baggage around my hips!)

September 06, 2006 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home