Monday, August 28, 2006

Woo Hoo, Here We Go Again!

Oh it feels good to be back on Weight Watcher's! The scale wasn't pretty though! Ouuuu! So I gained a bit! How much is a bit anyway? The important part is...I am back! And no matter what each day brings, I'm still going to be working on this goal.

It really doesn't matter if I break down and have a piece of cake one day...as long as I don't decide I have already blown it and go back for seconds and then a Mountain Dew to top it off. It would be very easy for me to then try to eat everything I have been denying myself, because, I have already blown it, right? How many times I have done that! And one dessert turns into two, and then the rest of the night and then feeling like a failure the next day...well, you know, you gotta start fresh. But now I have to talk myself into it again. Oh I am just not ready, and I really don't have enough good food, maybe after payday...and on it goes.

That was me in a nutshell! I have had some good proof that this is not the way to do it. I read the blog Half of me, and well, I have to tell you, Pasta Queen, was a few pounds heavier than me when I started reading her blog, so I identified with her, until I read how much she had lost. The lady is amazing. Well, since I have been blowing it, feeling guilty, and starting over a bazillion times, she is some 30 pounds lower than me. Not that she has lost every week. But she doesn't beat herself up about it, and just keeps going. Pasta Queen, I admire you! Slow and steady wins the race. I am hoping to take a page out of your book and just keep plugging away.

So, you all, that's my new goal...JUST KEEP GOING!

On the health issue, going in to my doc this afternoon. Gonna have my neck adjusted and hopefully get something for my sinuses. With any luck, I will be headache free after that settles down.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennette Fulda said...

Awww, you're too sweet! It is important not to beat yourself up over setbacks. Even I have to remind myself of that from time to time. Last Wednesday I totally pigged out on bread and muffins and was giving myself a hard time about it in the morning. But I just had to tell myself to get over it. You can't change the past and you don't live in the future. You can only control the here and now.

August 29, 2006 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home