Tuesday, August 15, 2006

323

Guess it's not good to gain six pounds in one day huh? Well, that's just what I did!

First let me assure you, I am doing everything I said I would do towards my health goals. Yes, I am exercising my 20 minutes or more each day, and drinking all my water, taking my vitamins, and gettting 8 hours sleep and all that.

The problem is...I have psuedo tumor cerebri. I have been in remission, but I am afraid that it is back. If you would like to know a little more about it just click here to read my explanation on my other blog " in my jammies" Basically, for whatever reason, my body makes too much cerebrial fluid which builds up around the brain and causes pressure to build there and in the spinal column. It can be very serious. I was lucky that the medication worked for me. I have been off it since 2003. It has some uncomfortable side effects, but I am still very lucky.

As soon as I am back on the meds the fluid will be gone in a couple days and the I will drop the weight as well. I am not usually a slave to the scale, but I have been trying to monitor my PTC so I have been watching closely. See, this is the fourth time in a month and a half so I am pretty sure it is time to see my nuerologist. My appointment is tomorrow at 10:00. I will be glad to be free of the headaches and pressure again, even though I do not like being on meds.

Well, I am off to walk before I have to lay my punkin head down again...later!

6 Comments:

Blogger ...jus me said...

Wow, I do know one other blog friend with PTC. I was on Diamox also. And probably will be again after tommorrow! Ugh! I know that weight loss is the best deterrent, but thanks for reminding me. I know my dear doc will remind me also. He is a sweetie tho...he knows how hard it is! I will be going back on weight watcher's soon.

August 15, 2006 3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi jus me, Finally someone will believe me when I say I gained 5 to 6 pounds over night. With you, especially since you do things right, it really is the liquid and meds that interfer with the balance on the scale. You sure helped me put things into perspective. Ill add you to my prayer list for the PTC. I am such a whiner about me being unhealthy and forgetting that others suffer and cope and carry much on their shoulders. I salute you! Bless you and your family. (totf)

August 15, 2006 3:43 PM  
Blogger tugboat 54 said...

I will be praying for you. Let me know what the dr. says.

August 15, 2006 4:13 PM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

sorry about your temporary setback. Hope all goes well with the doctor and the medications helps. Hugs and prayers.

August 15, 2006 5:19 PM  
Blogger Madd Mom said...

*sending good thoughts and healthy wishes*

August 15, 2006 5:46 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

thank you all...I am sure I will be fine and resign myself to the fact that I will back on the meds AGAIN! Ugh! Just didn't wanna go there, ya know?

August 15, 2006 6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home