Friday, September 08, 2006

OK, got my exercise today!

I took my mom garage saling. We went to atleast a bazillion sales. With my mom it is a little different than going with somebody else. You know when you pull up, and especially by the time you are walking up the drive whether it is the kind of sale you want to poke your head into every box and look at stuff under the tables, etc. etc. Well, not my mom! In all fairness...she has early alzheimers, but come on mom, why do you need to look at remote control cars? And you don't want to ask her why she is looking at that for(?), cuz she will justify it somehow. Sometimes her justifications get very creative! Mom has to look at every little thing atleast once, usually two or three times! I can not stand for long periods of time so I walked around (hence the exercise) I would do my own walking around looking and then usually the second time with mom, thinking that if I went with her, I may get out of their sooner...NOT! Just when I would think she was ready and didn't find anything, she'd go around again! And then about the third time she would have a question about the price, usually just so she could talk to the lady while totally oblivious of the building line waiting to pay or ask questions about something.

But ya know...she loved it! She had a great time. And got to go to lunch too! When I left you could tell she was ready for a nice long nap or an early evening. We started at 8:00am and didn't get back to her house until about 5-ish! We did not garage sale all that time. Also went to the stamp store and the grocery store, then stopped at my house for a bit and then at my sister's house for a bit! All in all, a very full day!

4 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

Hi I found my way here too! I used to be a Malibu trophy wife. Size 4. Personal trainer. Divorce, depression, an assault (I was assaulted in an attempted robbery and had a broken ankle and a broken foot) anyway I gained 50 pounds. I'm now trying to lose it. So not only are you close to my age group and going through similar things, we are both in the losing weight game too!

September 09, 2006 3:31 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

Terri, I could not imagine being a size 4, the divorce...been there done that! Depression makes you gain for sure. You just don't care. I got so numb, I just kept putting on the protective layers.

September 09, 2006 5:46 PM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I love garage saling. it is so much fun. And it is a way to get lots of exercise without even trying to.

September 10, 2006 1:41 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

tc...yes it is...I was pooped! Hate to say it but that little 4'11", 78 year old wore me out! My only consolation is that she was worn out too!

September 10, 2006 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home