Monday, November 06, 2006

Here I Am Again!

Boy, this is not a post that I want to write! I need to admit it, accept it and move on. Have you noticed my lack of posts? My lack of committment?

It all started with being soooo busy. Too busy all day and then having something to do every evening or just plain being mentally exhausted. So of course, I was too tired to cook. And hubby does not cook. So Subway cooked for us, or Wendy's, and finally I got to where Pizza Hut cooked for me, that won't happen again, but that is another post!

The evil one sure uses our busy life styles to destroy our spirits any way he can. I was doing so well, writing every bite down, exercising 3 times a week, and losing steadily. Then I got too busy, too tired, and two lazy. And now here I am, six pounds heavier, wondering what happened!

Here is a list of what I can see that happened:

Got too busy, too tired, and got overwhelmed;

didn't plan my meals
didn't cook at home
didn't do good food shopping
went out to eat
brought home food to eat
kept track of my points in my head
gave up counting points
ran out of bottled water
tried to keep track of what I drank at home
forgot to drink water at work
gave up drinking water
quit taking my meds
drank diet pop instead of water
built up too much cerebral fluid (not taking PTC meds)
retaining all sorts of fluid
not getting any exercise
my treadmill is collecting dust

This all equates to one miserable woman, who knows she can not drink pop, even diet, but did it anyway, and deliberately did not take pills after forgetting them already for a few days, so that she could have pop. DUMB DUMB DUMB! I started taking my pills again day before yesterday, I got really tired of looking like I went a couple rounds with Muhamed Ali. That's how bad my eyes swell from the pop. I know better. I am a grown woman with a brain, so why can't I seem to use it?

Now I am a month behind on my goals and I am six pounds heavier too, and my headaches are back! The joy of being dumb! I did not have pop yesterday. That is a victory! But I also did not drink all my water either. And I went out to breakfast, had a bread bowl and soup for lunch during a meeting at church, and a pot luck for dinner, with desert! Yikes...I want my good twin back! All I am recognizing right now is my bad twin!

I am writing my food and water intake down today and taking my meds and I AM going to drink my water, all of it! Pray for me you guys, my spirit is broken and it is hard to be determined when you feel broken!

5 Comments:

Blogger ...jus me said...

Thanks Snackie...how dumb can I be huh?

November 06, 2006 11:00 AM  
Blogger tugboat 54 said...

You need a big hug. Now, pick yourself up , dust yourself off and smile. Today is a new day. Listen to some worship music and your spirit will be refreshed. Sending you my love and support.

November 06, 2006 9:24 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

Thank you cheryl...I love you my friend.

November 07, 2006 8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just cathing up on blogs. I think your list is awesome. I need to remember that. As Anne of Green Gables said, "Tomorrow is another day, fresh without any mistakes". I love that and God can give us a new heart each day. Hope it gets better for you!

November 09, 2006 12:12 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

Krista...that is so true! I am glad you left a comment and I hope you check back here cuz I tried to leave you a comment on your blog but couldn't find any way to do that. Did you take all comments off?

November 09, 2006 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home