Saturday, October 28, 2006

Can you believe it?

It has been 11 days since I posted on here. I am so sorry! I have been so busy at work the last two weeks filling in for the executive Pastor's wife at the office. And then in the evening I had to catch up with all my growth group administrator stuff. Just suffice it to say...I have been swamped!

I feel lost...I don't even know what is going on with any of you! I promise to check on all of you this weekend tho! As for me, I have been doing a great job of maintaining. And I guess I should be thankful, and I am! I deserve to gain, as I have not had time or energy to cook the last couple of weeks. I am going to be much more faithful to my goals after Wednesday of next week when things get back to normal for me. I am not having a start over date...because I am not starting over! I will eat healthy whenever I can. That is just when I expect things to calm down for me.

I really would like to ask you all a favor tho! Those of you who are on weight watchers...would you please send me one (or 10) of your favorite weight watcher recipes? I know there are a lot of sites that have some recipes, but I want ones that you have tried and really like. I trust you all more than the sites. I am in a rut, and seems like I am just fixing protein, small amount of good for you carbs, and veggies. I need a little excitement in my menus, or atleast a change. If you can help, I would be forever greatful. Do I have to grovel and beg? Cuz, I will!
Please!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

Oh boy!! I've got recipies galore! This is one I make all the time. I love it and it's super easy.

2 tbsp Kraft Calorie-Wise italian dressing
1lb pork tenderloin, cut in strips
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 cup each red & green pepper strips
1 cup sliced zucchini
1 1/2 cups Minute Rice
1 3/4 cups water
1/2 cup Tex Mex shredded cheese

Heat dressing in skillet, add pork, sprinkle with half taco seasoning. Stir-fry 2 minutes.

Add vegetables, rice, water & remaining seasoning mix. Mix well.

Bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cover. Simmer 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover, turn off heat, let stand 5 minutes.

1/4 of recipe= 360 cal, 7.8g fat, 2g fibre (I think it's 8 or 9 points but SO filling)

I've got tons more!! I'm going to go digging now. Maybe I'll come back with another!

November 01, 2006 8:11 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

Creamy Basil & Red Pepper Pasta

2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
1 jar roasted red peppers, drained (found in same spot as pickles at the grocery store!)
1/2 of 250g tub of light cream cheese
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
2tbsp light grated parmesan cheese
1lb boneless/skinless chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces

Cook pasta. Meanwhile, place peppers, cream cheese, basil & parmesan in blender (I use a hand blender). Blend until smooth. Set aside.

Spray large skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken cook until no longer pink. Stir in pepper mixture. Reduce heat to medium, cook 5 minutes.

Drain pasta. Add to chicken mixture, stir until well blended.

Serving = 1 1/2 cups. 390 cal, 9g fat, 3g fibre.

Fantastic!

November 01, 2006 8:19 AM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

Dee, thank you thank you thank you! These look great! My husband will thank you too!

November 01, 2006 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home