Saturday, September 30, 2006

Gutsy Move!

As I was cleaning and doing some organizing today, I found quite a few things to donate. Purging is a good thing! But even better than that was packing up my summer clothes, and then realizing that they are not going to fit me next summer, so instead of storing them until they no longer fit...I am donating them as well! I am going to be smaller next summer, or even by next spring when I start looking for capris! Kinda scarey to get rid of stuff while it still fits, but it is kind of invigorating also. And freeing, in a strange kinda way. This was like the first step in visualizing myself as thin and healthy. Yep, I think it's gonna work this time.

6 Comments:

Blogger ...jus me said...

It feels good huh?

September 30, 2006 9:45 PM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Way to go! That is really inspirational. You have actually inspired me to go up to that pile of clothes hidden in my closet that is 65 lbs too big and donating it. I am NOT going to gain this back so I won't need those clothes. thank you.

October 01, 2006 7:23 AM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

tc...I am glad! Truly the only reason we keep them is just in case we grow back into them. And if that is not what we want to do...then out they go. I just have never gotton rid of clothes that still fit before (my summer clothes) Same principal applies though! So be gone fat summer clothes!

October 01, 2006 7:56 AM  
Blogger tugboat 54 said...

What an awesome statement of faith !!!

October 01, 2006 5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have 4 new blouses and 2 pairs of jeans that are still in their boxes. I bought them a month ago. I intend to wear them by Thanksgiving. THEN I'll start getting rid of my fat clothes. I can't wait.

October 02, 2006 4:42 AM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

Mattie...I have a a couple "incentive" items hanging in my closet.
That is a great goal for you! Wish I could do that! My problem is...no money for new clothes right now and everything is getting kinda loose! Good problem to have.
I do have a special goal to meet by Christmas, but if I make it, I may have to go naked! NOT! But I will proudly buy a new Christmas outfit! My Christmas present to me!

October 02, 2006 8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home