Tuesday, September 12, 2006

New Goal Date!

I was a little uncomfortable with my July 4th goal date. I would have to lose about 2 pounds every week, regardless of the circumstances of life at that moment. That feels like pressure. This needs to be a lifestyle change and not just a diet. No pressure! But I know I need to drive myself to stay on task also. (I am basically pretty lazy!) I know that comes as a shock to some of you...not!

So because of this, and the fact that I have a lot of illness in the winter, (And who eats right and exercises when they are down in bed?), I have given myself an extra seven weeks. That gives me a little wiggle room. But I will still have to work hard to make it.

The date I have chosen holds a lot of meaning for me. It is my Dad's Birthday. My Dad passed away in 1997. He had a major stroke many years before while having quadruple bypass surgery for the second time. My Dad was a very gentle man and never deserved to spend 17 years trapped in a hospital bed. I have to do this for me Daddy, but the date that I get down to my goal weight will honor you!

So folks, my goal date will be August 26th, 2007. I want to be at 150 pounds by then. I hope you can help support me in this...you are my support group, ya know?

2 Comments:

Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

That seems like a much more attainable goal. I am proud of you for stepping back, assessing all the info and deciding to make a change! That is awesome.

September 12, 2006 10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! I think it's wonderful that you gave yourself some wiggle room. I'm definitely here supporting you!

September 18, 2006 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home