Monday, September 18, 2006

With Trepidation...


Well, it is confession time!

Friday night, I had a dinner at my husband's bosses house. I had never met the boss! (talk about nervous!)
As it turned out, he is a very nice man, with a friendly wife, and two cute kids. They made us feel very welcome and comfortable in their beautiful home. Unfortunately, he is a great host and not happy until everyone is partaking in the snacks, drinks etc. He literally put a cup of punch in my hand, beings I would not drink a cocktail. Him and his wife are from India, as was one of the other couples. Great food, but I had no idea how to track it so I didn't. I had eaten light all day, hopefully to compensate. I had been hit with allergies or a cold the day before, the jury's still out on this! I could not resist a little of the ice cream that they were serving to put on the dessert. It felt so good to my throat and stuffy head.

Then there was Saturday night! It was my 79 year old mother's birthday. My sister had planned a simple spaghetti dinner to feed everyone. There was 20 of us for dinner, and 2 more later. I only had a small amount of spaghetti and salad...but before you go and think that I did so great, I also had two small pieces of garlic bread. Yum! And then there was the ice cream cake. Well, I could have done without that! I don't particularly like them much, but honestly, my Mom is just like a child any more and she would have gotton her feelings hurt if I didn't eat her birthday cake. So I did!

The good news is, I went right back to tracking yesterday. I didn't give up. I didn't have the "Oh I've blown it now" mentality, and go off and eat whatever I wanted. And it felt good! I don't feel like a failure. What a new way of thinking this is for me!

And then this morning was weigh-in! Well, I have to say I wasn't looking forward to it much after Friday and Saturday night. And I only lost one pound last week! And I really had to force myself to drink water yesterday. Water is not what I want when I am sick. And it must not be allergies cuz it is still going strong and I have been taking allergy meds since Thursday.

Well, back to the dreaded scale...I lost three pounds! I almost fell off the scale! I even checked it twice to make sure I saw what I thought I saw. I was hoping to just maintain and not gain. I haven't had any exercise since Wednesday. Just getting up is exercise enough for me right now. But you can bet my spirit is doing the happy dance right now! The rest of me is going back to bed.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Let the happy dance begin...Sorry you are feeling bad but so happy that the scale fairy blessed you with a good reading. Sounds like you are doing better than you think. Hugs!

September 18, 2006 2:52 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

Thank you both! i am so glad, I have you to support me!

September 18, 2006 3:11 PM  
Blogger tugboat 54 said...

Congrats on the three pounds. You are doing an awesome job.

September 18, 2006 5:37 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

Thanks Cheryl!

September 18, 2006 7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 pounds is WONDERFUL!! Way to go!! I hope you feel better soon!

September 18, 2006 7:39 PM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Congrats on the loss! That is wonderful!!

September 19, 2006 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home