Monday, October 02, 2006

The Standoff...

After holding a gun to the scales head this morning...it showed that I had stayed the same! I am sure that if I hadn't threatened it's very existance it would have shown a gain. Again I am praising the Lord that I didn't get what I deserved.

I had kind of a rough stressful week. I threw caution to the wind and ate what I wanted when we went out for chinese buffet. Then we ate out a lot this week due to my schedule. And I didn't exercise.

This week, I am hoping will be different. I plan to exercise atleast 30 minutes, 3 times this week. No matter what my schedule looks like, I am going to try to eat at home where I have control over what goes into my meals.

My real challenge this week will be a potluck to kick off our growth group season. We are doing hamburgers and hot dogs, salad, desert etc. But the good news is, I am bringing turkey breast patties for me and one of the salads is a green salad so I plan to bring my fat free dressing. Just need to leave the fresh peach cobbler alone. Ugggh! Maybe I will bring some fruit too!

Anyway, I am disappointed in myself a bit this week but, I know there will always be weeks like this, and each time I will get better at handling them. This is a lifestyle not a diet. I have not blown it!

Hope you all have a great week.

6 Comments:

Blogger tugboat 54 said...

At least you didn't gain, that's a good thing. You are doing a great job, keep up the positive. I wish I could get myself motivated to start a program. Oh well.

October 02, 2006 8:22 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

You will when you are ready Cheryl. And if you are not ready and try it anyway...you are just setting yourself up for failure. So wait until you are motivated and excited.

October 02, 2006 9:15 PM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

The most important line in your post was "This is a lifestyle not a diet. I have not blown it!" As long as you get back up and keep trying you will never fail at this. And maintaining is good, it is so much better than gaining.

Good for you for planning ahead for the pot luck. Your plan sounds like a good one. You could try to make some kind of a diet dessert to bring with you instead of fruit that way it feels like a treat for you.

October 03, 2006 5:44 AM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

tc...thanks for the encouragement and the good idea. I do have some weight watcher desserts in the freezer. It is about the fellowship and not the food...but we always seem to fellowship better with food!

October 03, 2006 5:50 AM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Sounds like a good plan. Plan your work and work your plan. Hope the week goes better for you.

October 03, 2006 6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are still in the fight. Good plan for the picnic!

October 05, 2006 6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home