Monday, October 09, 2006

The scale is still busting at the seams!


The scale is busting at the seams but...atleast it is not me! I am down 3 pounds this week! I am very excited and relieved. No matter how good your self talk is...you still wonder:

Am I doing something wrong?
Am I overeating?
Am I eating enough?
Am I starving my body so it is going to hold on to everything?
Am I eating too late?
Am I counting my points correctly?
Am I getting enough exercise?
Am I drinking enough water?
Am I eating enough protein?
Am I eating too much protein?

Questions, questions, questions...I have more questions than answers.

I do know that I am getting more energy. It took awhile to feel that this time. We live in a tri-level home and the stairs really bother my knees and hip, or should I say used to. I used to go up the stairs ok, but coming down I had to put one foot and then the other foot on the same stair before going to the next. It was less jarring on my hip that way. And I waited til my hubby got up and went to the kitchen to ask him to bring me a water or something. Now I just get up and get it. I no longer have to take the stairs two feet per stair. It is really a good feeling. And the blessing is two fold as now I am getting more exercise also from going up and down the stairs all day and evening. (although, I don't count it for AP...not sure how I would do that!)

I want to thank you all for being such a great support team for me. It really does help. You guys are wonderful!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're doing so great!! You are such a needed motivation right now because so many people seem to be falling off the wagon this month. But, you're not! You are doing soo sooo sooooo great and thank you for that motivation! Way to go on the 3 pounds!

October 09, 2006 2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I grow up, I want to be just like you.

Good job!

I know what you mean about the stairs. People don't get it when I say it's harder to go down than up.

You are an inspiration.

October 09, 2006 5:38 PM  
Blogger tugboat 54 said...

You are Super Women! I am very impressed . Congrats!

October 09, 2006 8:58 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

Elizabeth...(smiling) thank you, but I am not really sure what makes me so motivated right now compared to any other time...maybe I just had to get to the point where I was determined. And thanks to many of my blogging friends, I learned it's ok to blow it but you don't start over, each time! Just keep going! That has made a world of difference to me.

Mattie...Trust me, it is as big of a struggle for me as for everyone else. I'm tired of giving up and having to talk myself into starting over again. That is so defeating. Good or bad...gotta do it!

Cheryl...Now I am really blushing! Geez! love you guys!

October 09, 2006 9:48 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

Congratulations on your great loss! It seems like you've really gotten the hang of this. I think sometimes it just finally clicks, you know? Keep it up!

October 10, 2006 9:43 AM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

congrats on your loss!! I didn't lose this week and I am fighting hard to stop the negative self-talk.

October 14, 2006 6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home