Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Breakfast Burrito Bananza

Whatchoo Need

· 1 98% fat-free soft whole wheat taco-size tortilla

· 5 egg whites (yes, five!) , or 2 eggs and 3 whites

· 1 - 2 tablespoons of your favorite salsa

· 1/4 cup 2% shredded cheddar cheese

· a handful (to your liking) of diced green, yellow, orange and red peppers (I buy the prechopped ones in a tub)

· same goes for the diced onion—however much you dig.

Spray some pam in the bottom of a wee skillet. Put your egg whites in a bowl, add the stuff (minus the cheese - or if you want the cheese in there, do that. Whatever blows your dress up). Swirl it around. Throw it in the skillet. Moosh it all up until it’s done cooking. Stuff it in a tortilla warmed in the microwave or however you warm ‘em. Eat. Burp. Ta da!

I got this recipe from another blog, just looked yummy for hungry mornings!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy! Make these and tell us how they are!

March 15, 2006 6:02 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

Yum yum. I'm going to have to try that one. It's funny you should post a breakfast recipe because I'm currently trying to get out of my cereal rut! Gotta keep shakin' things up to my body on it's toes!

March 15, 2006 10:43 AM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

dee, we do get in a rut, don't we? We just plain don't like change! I will try to post a recipe every once in awhile. I have collected quite a few now. I am in process of scrapbooking a healthy cookbook for myself. Wow, to only have one cookbook on my kitchen counter, how cool is that?

March 15, 2006 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home