Thursday, February 23, 2006

Packing my bags...

Because I am going on a guilt trip. That's right, I have enormous guilt. This blog was designed for two women and their journey to healthy living. If you are paying attention, only one woman has commited herself to this journey, and it isn't me.

For three weeks, I have not worked out...I have not eaten healthy...and I have not blogged about why I am absent or where I stand so far. Nothing. My mom, bless her heart, is very supporting. She understands that working and school are keeping busy from the minute I wake up until the minute I go to sleep. Excuses, Excuses, I know. But it's true. I took too many classes this semester. I would hold off on work...designing blogs...except I am using this employment as internship. I am behind and stressed. My mom she doesn't make me feel guilty...she understands. But everytime she mentions a comment someone left her or a entry she just did, I start counting my frequent flier miles to guiltville. Especially how I lost a half pound more than her this week on the Jessica Simpson-Dippin Dot-Pizza Hut diet this week.

So everyweek I say to myself, I am going to start again this week...swear off the nasties that make my unhealthy. Every week I don't. I can't bear to hear her disappointment and at this point it seems I would be doing it for her and not myself. How do I get back on track? I am too busy to cook, too busy to even shower before midnight. How does one eat well on a schedule like this? I feel like right now it is too much of a chore to have to think about than something I want to enjoy and feel good about.

I am commiting diet suicide. Upon my death, I leave my fat to Jessica Simpson.

4 Comments:

Blogger ...jus me said...

You are too funny girlfriend! Don't feel guilty! I am fine...sniff sniff! Just stay on your current diet and eventually I will catch up! lol But not if you keep losing 3 1/2 pounds a week! So knock it off will ya!
Just kidding honey! I would like to see you eating healthier so you will feel good and stay in good health with the pace you are trying to keep up. That kinda worries me as we both know what problems stress can cause. I am just a little selfish...I want my daughter (my best friend) around for a long time! love Mom

February 23, 2006 4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, good to hear from the daughter side of this blog! How do you eat bad and lose more than your mom? You sure you're not just being too hard on yourself? Hey, I'm a single homeschooling mom, I know what you mean about not having time to shower! My youngest are 15 months apart, I got cavities that needed filled because every time I would go in the bathroom, they'd both cry and cry! I didn't take time to properly care for my teeth! Hey, I went to college and worked for a year, I know what it's like. I was seeing the school shrink by the end of my second semester! So,all that to say, school and work are not necessarily an excuse. ~Necessarily~. I lost nearly 40 pounds just dieting. So, if you have to choose between eating right or exercise, eat right. It goes farther in the long run. The energy you expend at school and work should take care fo itslef. try using stairs instead of elevators, park the car far from the building, carry a bottle of water with you everywhere. If you're gonna eat bread, make it whole wheat (truly whole, not just brown), not that white junk. It'll be a start, but it sounds like you really don't need a start, just need to calm down and not stress over weight loss. You have enough to worry about. Just eat healthy and don't worry about it! :-)

February 25, 2006 5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The brain uses A LOT of fuel to function, so that is probably why you have been able to lose as much as you have. It sounds like you are using a lot of physical and mental energy. Maybe you haven't eaten as bad as you think. I know if I just have 1 thing I shouldn't I blow it up to be an enormous issue. When I hear of someone else that did the same thing, it doesn't seem that bad. So, don't beat yourself up. Strive to eat healthy and exercise when you can. Even if it is using stairs instead of elevator, it is better than nothing.

February 26, 2006 11:28 AM  
Blogger Krista said...

It sounds like you've got plenty of stress already, the last thing you need is guilt. Especially since your mom is obviously wonderful and is only concerned about your health. I wish I had some good advice to offer, but hang in there. Celebrate the small victories. Good luck!

February 28, 2006 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home