Sunday, February 05, 2006

It's a chili kinda day!

Hi all, thought I would give you a good healthy chili recipe! I won a chili cook off with this recipe which originally came from the Prism cookbook, but I added turkey burger to it and I also use yellow, orange , red and green bell peppers instead of just green. Very Yummy!

Easy Chili

Ingredients:

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 medium onion, chopped

2 stalks celery, chopped

1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced

1 1/2 green bell peppers, chopped

1 tablespoon canola oil

1 tablespoon water

2 (16 oz.) cans unsalted tomatoes, cut up

2 (16 oz.) cans kidney beans, drained

1-3 tablespoons chili powder, or to taste

Directions:

Lightly saute fresh vegetables in oil and water until onions are tender. Add tomatoes, beans, and chili powder. Cook covered, for 1 hour or longer on low heat.

Makes 6 servings at 217 calories and 3.0 grams fat each.

I also add 8 oz. ground Turkey or Sirloin. 280 calories with Turkey.

2 Comments:

Blogger ...jus me said...

I made turkey chili a couple days ago but forgot all about your recipe! I guess I will have to try it next time.

February 06, 2006 2:32 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

This recipe originated without any meat! I make it that way alot, but also like it with the turkey burger! It is just as tasty without it though! Hope you try it! It's yummy!

February 12, 2006 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home