Sunday, February 05, 2006

It's a chili kinda day!

Hi all, thought I would give you a good healthy chili recipe! I won a chili cook off with this recipe which originally came from the Prism cookbook, but I added turkey burger to it and I also use yellow, orange , red and green bell peppers instead of just green. Very Yummy!

Easy Chili

Ingredients:

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 medium onion, chopped

2 stalks celery, chopped

1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced

1 1/2 green bell peppers, chopped

1 tablespoon canola oil

1 tablespoon water

2 (16 oz.) cans unsalted tomatoes, cut up

2 (16 oz.) cans kidney beans, drained

1-3 tablespoons chili powder, or to taste

Directions:

Lightly saute fresh vegetables in oil and water until onions are tender. Add tomatoes, beans, and chili powder. Cook covered, for 1 hour or longer on low heat.

Makes 6 servings at 217 calories and 3.0 grams fat each.

I also add 8 oz. ground Turkey or Sirloin. 280 calories with Turkey.

3 Comments:

Blogger Squishy Cat said...

mhmmm I love chili. Of course I'm a vegetarian, so I use "fake ground round". I'll have to give your recipe a try (when I get home, dorms are unfriendly for cooking:we only have a microwave).
Thnx for the comment on my blog.
Exercise is hard to start out, but once you get going, and find the workouts you like, then you'll begin to love it!
14lbs, and 23" gone is amazing!

February 06, 2006 12:09 PM  
Blogger Fat Chick said...

I made turkey chili a couple days ago but forgot all about your recipe! I guess I will have to try it next time.

February 06, 2006 2:32 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

This recipe originated without any meat! I make it that way alot, but also like it with the turkey burger! It is just as tasty without it though! Hope you try it! It's yummy!

February 12, 2006 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home