Friday, February 03, 2006

My Treat

My hubby gives me a bad time cuz I never buy clothes for myself. And I guess I don't. Who wants to try things on a size 22-24 body, let alone buy them? I am only 5' 1". That size clothes on a short body can not be a good thing.
So yesterday I left my volunteer job at 4:00 and decided to stop at Walmart and grab some food on the way home. Got everything I needed, and very tired, I was dragging myself to the front of the store to go through the checkouts, when I remembered something I had to pick up for Hubby, so I detoured to get his stuff and then found myself in the women's clothes. Well, I'll just look on my way to the check out! Well, this cute little sporty looking top just reached out and grabbed me and said "Take me home, you'll love me! You deserve me!" so I did. They didn't have a 22 so I grabbed an 18. Too tired to try it on! Figured it would be good incentive even if it didn't fit yet. So I treeated myself for eating healthy for one month and walking on the treadmill everyday this week!
This is not something I would have done before. I would have treated myself with a "guilt-free" meal, of my choice! How dumb is that thinking? You have been good so, now you can be bad!
When I got home and lugged all the food in, put it away, and trudged upstairs in search of my jammie pants, I decided to try on my new top. Guess what? It fit perfectly! And it is only an 18! Woo-hoo! That was a wonderful suprise! Look out my sweet daughter, your closet is looking very inviting about now...
I think this may work...she was a size smaller in tops so, now she will need a smaller size and I will be able to get her hand-me -downs! Hey cool plan!

2 Comments:

Blogger ...jus me said...

Oh you are just no fun at all! I have wanted to get into your closet for years! Is that anyway to treat your Mother?

February 03, 2006 4:31 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

You forget that my boobies are way bigger than yours. I am going to need my "fat" shirts for quite some time,lol.

February 03, 2006 4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home