Thursday, March 09, 2006

Twinkle Toes on the Treadmill


Woo-hoo! I made my very first exercise goal! That is something I never thought I would hear in the same sentence, in reference to me anyway...(exercise & goal) I never made exercise goals because since I was in high school the only exercise I had was trying to deliver my kids! And two of them were c-sections! You get the picture!

I got my mom's treadmill set up in January and have walked on it every day since. I only started with 5 minutes and added a minute every week. Well yesterday I went to 11 minutes. That was great, but my goal was 15 minutes a day. I knew I was not walking to capacity but just needed to find a way to pass the time while walking. I have found that if I crank up the tunes, I can walk for longer. So today I decided to up my time to 15 minutes! It was great. I am feeling the workout, a little sore tonight, but I was yesterday also. I think it has more to do with the cement floors I was on most of the day yesterday while taking my Mom shopping. Or maybe I just got to the point where it is actually doing me some good! My legs are firming up (on the inside). They feel firmer, but the real flabby parts, you know all the spots that rub together when you walk...they are just kinda hanging there now. Kinda like they lost their support! So now they hang! Please tell me that these will eventually pack it up and leave home!

6 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

Keep up with the exercise, things will start looking & feeling better and better. Just wanted to say thanks for your comments on my blog! I just started blogging so it's exciting to see that some people are actually reading it!

March 10, 2006 2:50 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

Good job meeting your exercise goal! I find having small goals and rewards really helps keep me motivated. Good luck with your next goal!

March 10, 2006 3:01 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I am trying to think of some simple rewards for some of my shorter term goals. The exercise one is a biggie for me! But in another 4 pounds, I will be at my 10% loss! Hoping to be there by my next weigh in. That would be awesome!
I am new to blogging too Dee...I know just what you mean about being excited that someone is actually reading it! Some people read it but don't leave any comments so you don't know! Glad to meet a new blogger friend.

March 10, 2006 3:14 PM  
Blogger Morgan said...

Good for you. It took me forever to get beyond the 15 min mark. Keep up the good work. Remember to take good care yourself through all of your work outs. I have now lost 15 pounds since Dec so I am right there with you.

March 10, 2006 4:36 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

Morgan...good for you! 15 pounds is really good! I am trying to take care of myself, but sometimes it ends up to be just good intentions! I am trying to eat healthy, just having trouble getting all my water in lately! I will just keep pluggin away! It was good to hear from you again! Stop by again...

March 10, 2006 7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are doing great!
:)
blogmad helped me find you

March 11, 2006 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home