Thursday, March 02, 2006

Sooooo Bad!

I was concerned that I was making the almighty scale my own personal God and giving it control over my life...so I did the sensible thing and decided I would not weigh until I have to... which would be on March 19th, (the last day of winter) the day that "the love handles" challenge is over. Makes sense right? Please tell me it does! Well I thought so too! NOT!

You all know what happens on the day you weigh in...that night is your "free from guilt night"! You still have all week, two weeks or month to compensate for it! Right? Are ya with me here? Well, when I said I wasn't gonna weigh until March 19th...I am finding that I am giving myself permission for lots of guilt free meals/snacks! Oh...my tendancy is to really go off the deep end! There has to be a happy medium here somewhere! Well, where is it then? If left to my own devices I will eat pretty much whatever I want for the next 10 days and then be good for the last week, hoping that the scale will be reflect some loss anyway!

I can't seem to get my head and my heart to line up with all my many curves, lumps, bumps, and bulges to understand that I am talking myself out of eating healthy and changing my lifestyle! I wish it was as easy to talk myself into things as it is to talk myself out of things.

I would talk myself into;
  • getting up earlier
  • fixing a healthy breakfast, with some protein (whether I feel like I am hungry or not)
  • getting on my treadmill BEFORE I get on the computer
  • drinking more water
  • having a morning snack
  • fixing a nutritous lunch(whether I am at home or at work)
  • being more active
  • limiting my computer time...even the time devoted to work stuff
  • having a healthy low calorie afternoon snack
  • planning, making and serving a healthy, tasty dinner for myself and my husband
  • only putting the correct serving size on my plate
  • bagging leftovers into individual serving sizes for lunch or the freezer (before sitting down to eat)
  • doing something productive in the evening which does not involve the tv or the computer
  • going to bed earlier
Sounds good, doesn't it? Can somebody just hypnotize me? There has got to be a painless way to do this!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay - keep up the GREAT work! :)

March 04, 2006 1:08 PM  
Blogger ...jus me said...

pickle--that's a very good idea! I can tackle one of these or maybe two a week. I hadn't thought of doing it that way! Not nearly as overwhelming. I am doing that with my exercise as I didn't do anything for years, so I started with 5 minutes on the treadmill every day. Now I am up to 10 minutes a day. I have forgotton and just about fallen asleep after a busy day, but still hauled my tired fanny out of bed to walk. lol!
Thank you both for the encouragement!

March 05, 2006 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home